Trends come and go—but denim is one that will never go out of style. Whether it’s a summer skirt or a pair of skinny jeans, denim will always be a classic wardrobe staple. High-waisted jeans, in particular, can be a stunning choice all year round. This style gives you a well-balanced silhouette, making them ultra-flattering on just about everyone. Read on to find out how to wear and style high waisted jeans for any body type.
Want an everyday style staple you can wear all year round? How about a pair of classic mom jeans? Sweet and stylish, mom jeans are universally flattering and can be styled to suit just about any occasion. Their high waist demands a tucked-in top, but when it comes to footwear, they are surprisingly versatile. Layer a blazer over the top and add a cute belt into the mix to dress up your ensemble.
Every woman should own at least one pair of boyfriend jeans. The staple typically involves a relaxed, slouchy fit as if they were a men’s jean, but tailored for a woman. There are, however, many variations of the boyfriend jean that feature a slimmer, more tapered fit. What’s best about the loose, laidback style is that it suits just about every body type! Known for its comfortable fit and overall versatility, the boyfriend jean is the perfect option for weekends out and about.
Universally flattering, the ever-so-classic skinny jean features a streamlined silhouette that is perfect for off-duty days. The wardrobe essential is surprisingly versatile, and can even be sported for smart-casual occasions. For a chic look, pair your skinnies with a blazer and heels. The classic style of a blazer adds a polished touch to denim that will instantly make you look put together.
Well, harmattan is here already, meaning that most of us in this country won’t be able to keep wearing shorts every day… we’ll have to resort to jeans. Want to style your high-waisted jeans like a pro so that you look chic and adorable every time you wear them?
1. Pair your high-waisted jeans with a big, chunky cardigan. Cropped sweaters look really adorable with high-waisted jeans… dress it up with heels.
2. Striped shirts are a classic, and look great tucked into high-waisted jeans.
3. Tuck a button-down shirt into your high-waisted jeans for a more sophisticated look.
4. Go for a super casual look by wearing high-waisted boyfriend jeans, a cute jacket and sneakers. Add a loose, tank and a long kimono for a more boho vibe.
5. Keep it simple with a skinny belt and a white tee. It’s comfy and perfect for school!
6. Front tuck a graphic tee and add cute shoes for a fun look.
7. A pretty patterned shirt with a statement necklace makes for a fanicer outfit that’s perfect for going out.
8. Make your high-waisted pants look amazing for a night out with a simple top, statement necklace and heels.
9. Go for the denim-on-denim trend with some high-waisted jeans… love the red lipstick too!